How to Start a Blog
So you want to start a blog, right? Yes. Or you want to find out the perfect niche for your Blog…and that’s why you’re here! For my readers that have not started their blog just yet I have a post dedicated just for you! Now, I wouldn’t consider myself to be a tech savvy gal. Especially if you ask my sisters. I put together a really simple and user friendly guide showing How to Start a Blog and you can read it here!
Blogging can be an awesome way to express yourself, earn extra income, or find a new hobby you absolutely love. If it’s apart of your career path, you can even make a business out of blogging. A lot of people do it and earn a substantial amount of money teaching others how to become a successful blogger.
The first step ofcourse is setting up your blog. The next is figuring out what your niche should be. This can be pretty difficult, but have no fear. I am here to help you!
What is a Niche
A niche when it comes to a blog is content that is compelling, interesting, and well-written or well-thought out. When addressing your readers, you want to be able to pick a niche, or a topic that you yourself as the writer cannot run out of information to discuss. My niche for my blog is Lifestyle. On MeganDMayfield.com we discuss pretty much everything under the sun. Finances, beauty, fashion, entrepreneurship, and so much more. As a Lifestyle Blogger it allows you to express yourself creatively and discuss a plethora of topics.
Below are 10 of the most popular money making blogs. So pay close attention! You can research and see if any of the niches below are right for you.
- Financial Blogger– as a Financial Blogger you discuss…you guessed it! Finances lol and money. If this is a topic you love discussing then this is the ideal niche for you.
2. Food Blogger– Hey Foodies we are talking to you! This is a niche that my husband would be PERFECT for if he just took the leap. Discussing food, different recipes, and restaurants is right up his alley.
3. Coaching Blog– There are a lot of people out there who find quality in having a Life Coach. Imagine having all of your content centered around being able to assist people in their day to day lives. If this is something you truly enjoy, a Coaching Blog is the way to go!
4. Travel Blog– to all my people that love to travel and enjoy the splendors of the world, this one is your go to! I absolutely love following travel blog accounts on instagram and pinterest. A lot of people enjoy researching destinations before they book a vacation. Creating a travel blog is an informative way to teach others about wonderful vacations before they book their trip.
5. Interior Design Blog– Designing for your home is probably the MOST browsed niche on Pinterest. It really puts together visuals and aesthetics that appeal to any reader when it comes to the interior design of their home. As an Interior Design Blogger you will discuss paint, furniture, art pieces, plant designs, and more.
6. Technology Blog– Okay, bear with me here. So as I said before, I am not by any means a tech-savvy gal. There is one visual Blogger that is into tech that I absolutely enjoy his content so much. If you are into these kind of topics I would recommend you check out Justin Tse’s Youtube Channel to get a few ideas. Heads up, he has over ten years in the vlogging game so if you think you need to invest in a ton of new equipment think again. Start off by using some of your favorite tech gear you already have around the house.
7. DIY Blogger- Going to plug another one of my favorite Content Creators that I found on YouTube. However, this fella does actually have a blog. LoneFox and Drew has turned his blog into a business. Check out his website as he is shipping out orders for vases, throw pillows, art pieces, you name it, he’s got it. And you can watch him create some pretty awesome pieces on his channel as well.
8. Entrepreneurship– This is one of my favorite topics to discuss. Outside of owning MeganDMayfield.com I am also co-owner of MPRINT which is a women’s boutique. We are in the midst of building a brand new almost 4,000 sq. ft. retail and work space. I love discussing all things that involve owning a business and also being a Black Woman in business. You can follow along our journey here on our YouTube Page.
9. Fashion Blogger– Loving fashion is definitely a great niche to get into. Showcasing your favorite outfits, providing product reviews, and sharing designers you enjoy wearing, this is definitely the perfect niche for you.
10. Fitness Blog– Nutrition, muscle building, weight loss, weight gain, all of these topics fall under fitness. If you enjoy discussing macros, micros, and everything in between then this would be the perfect niche for you.
Making Money from Blogging
The ten niches I listed are the top Money Making Blogs and they can generate a significant amount of income. Putting in the hard work it takes to have a successful blog, creating posts, and having a niche that contains topics you love will get you where you need to be in your blogging career.
What’s stopping you from starting your blog today? Drop me some comments below and let’s get chatty!